Admissions to Marlborough Junior School are controlled by Birmingham Local Authority. If you would like to apply for a place at our school use the Birmingham Admissions and Appeals office. Information can be obtained from their website.
There is an admissions policy outlining in detail how to apply for a place and this is in line with the Local Authority guidelines and can be found on our school website.
The school can admit 30 children in any class.
Places are allocated according to the authority published criteria.
1. Looked after children and any child with a statement of Special Educational Needs.
2. Children with brothers or sisters already at school who will still be at Marlborough Junior School when they start school themselves.
3. Children who live nearest to the school by straight line measurement.
1. Once the decision to transfer to Marlborough Junior School has been made, a start date for your child(ren) will be established. Details of previous school will be taken so that records can be passed on.
2. To assist with your son’s/daughter’s transfer, parents and children will have the opportunity to view the school at work and meet the Head Teacher.
We are an over subscribed school and are full in all year groups. If the year group is full, you will be placed on a waiting list and we will inform you when a place becomes available.
If you would like to seek more advice please feel free to come and talk to one of the school admin staff. Alternatively, you may wish to contact the Admissions and Appeals Department at Birmingham City Council - telephone number: 0121 308 1888.
For 2018 Secondary School Places: please follow the link which will direct you to Admissions & Appeals. You will then need to apply online for the school of your choice. The deadline to apply by is 31st October 2017.
Email letter offers will be sent to parents informing you which school your child has been allocated on 1st March 2018.
Please contact our School Office if you have any queries on: 0121 464 7933